KDA specializes in senior living design, a fast growing sector of the economy projected to continue strong to meet the needs of an aging population. The decades ahead will see innovations in delivering care and community, and the design professions will lead in creating these new models. KDA is an award winning firm with 25 years experience in the senior living industry. We work in a collaborative office where participation and exchange of ideas is encouraged. Our focus is on thoughtful design that embraces the three disciplines of architecture, interior design and landscape design.
Senior living projects range from affordable senior housing to continuing care retirement communities. A typical senior living project includes the elements of residential design, healthcare design, hospitality design, food service, fitness and performing arts. Many of our clients are mission-driven not-for-profits who are a pleasure to work with. Each project is as unique as the client.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We are a family-friendly firm that encourages work/life balance. Our office is in Voorhees, NJ, with easy access to Rt 295, NJ Turnpike and Philadelphia.
We currently have openings for:
Interior Designer. We are seeking a mid-level interior designer to join our team. Candidate must have background in senior living, healthcare, or hospitality markets and have ability to detail interior architecture. We are looking for a team member who has experience working independently from concept to procurement. Responsibilities include design, preparation of presentations, material and product research, FF&E selections, design and construction documentation, finish specifications, and product vendor updates.
• Interior Design degree.
• Minimum of 3-5 years design firm experience.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work well in a team.
• Technical ability to develop design and construction details and design presentations.
• Must be proficient in AutoCAD and Photoshop.
• Experience in Revit, SketchUp or 3D modeling programs a plus.
Project Architect/ Coordinator. We are looking for experienced project architects with both technical and design abilities, and proven experience successfully leading a project team of consultants from concept through construction. Although senior living experience is preferred we will consider any candidate with the required level of expertise. You will get in front of clients and consultants, so an outgoing personality and relationship building skills are a must. This is an excellent opportunity for an architect who desires client contact, with exposure and responsibility in all aspects of a project.
• Professional degree in Architecture.
• Professional registration or actively preparing for ARE exam.
• 5-15 years experience as a project architect.
• Proficient in AutoCAD. Experience in Revit is beneficial, but not required.
Staff/ Intern Architect. We are seeking a talented design professional to join our team as Staff/ Intern Architect. KDA provides you with exposure to the full range of architectural services. In this role, you will work directly with partners and senior staff on all phases of the design process – from marketing efforts and initial inception through development of construction documents and construction administration. You will be part of a collaborative team of creative, kind and respectful colleagues who are passionate about the clients we serve. The firm is focused on real-life learning with hands-on experience utilizing technology skills including SketchUp, Revit, AutoCAD and Photoshop. We provide a comfortable and flexible work environment with the opportunity to balance their personal and professional success is important.
• Bachelor of Architecture degree.
• Minimum of 0-5 years design firm experience.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work well in a team are required.
• Architectural students seeking part-time work will also be considered.
We support the well-being and financial security of our team members and their families by providing affordable, comprehensive benefit plans:
• Health Insurance (including prescription & vision coverage), Health Saving Account (HSA), Dental Insurance, Disability Insurance, and Life Insurance
• Professional Development Reimbursements: ARE testing reimbursement, Certification & Licensure Reimbursement, Professional Association Fee Reimbursement
• 401K retirement plan
Please send your resume plus writing and graphic samples demonstrating your range of abilities to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always on the lookout for talented and motivated people to join us at KDA Architects. We are a moderately-sized firm of about 20 people. The people at KDA love the personal atmosphere of our office and are proud that we have remained both successful and streamlined.
We offer architects and designers something different from the large corporate firms, and we hope that this shines through in our designs and in our interactions with our clients.
While we may not have any open positions for your career level or specialty at the moment, we do not mind receiving inquires. Please email us at email@example.com.